Keto Zucchini Grilled Cheese
To get started, combine zucchini, eggs, cassava flour, and nutritional yeast in a mixing bowl. Stir until everything is thoroughly mixed. Then, heat the avocado oil over medium heat for one minute. Add a ½ cup of mixture to the skillet and use a spatula to shape into a rectangle. Cook for three minutes on each side, or until it becomes crisp and golden.
Once the zucchini bread slices are cooked, assemble the grilled cheese sandwiches. Divide the cauliflower cheese on top of two bread slices and cover with remaining slices. Return to the pan and warm for three minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt. Serve hot and enjoy!
2 c. grated zucchini
1 large egg
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 c. cornstarch
Freshly ground black pepper
Vegetable oil, for cooking
2 c. shredded Cheddar
- Squeeze excess moisture out of zucchini with a clean kitchen towel. In a medium bowl, combine zucchini with egg, Parmesan, green onions and cornstarch. Season with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, pour enough vegetable oil to layer the bottom of the pan. Scoop about 1/4 cup of the zucchini mixture onto one side of the pan and shape into a small square. Repeat to form another patty on the other side.
- Cook until lightly golden on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat to drain on paper towels and repeat with remaining zucchini mixture. Wipe skillet clean.
- Place two zucchini patties in the same skillet over medium heat. Top both with shredded cheese, then place two more zucchini patties on top to form two sandwiches. Cook until the cheese has melted, about 2 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.