This Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice is a savory side dish to complement any low-carb Mexican dish. Especially if you’ve been struggling to make cauliflower rice a part of your diet, you NEED to try this recipe!
Free Keto Meal Plan: KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
4 cups fresh riced cauliflower (about 1 medium head)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 small jalapeno, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon chili powder
salt & pepper, to taste
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
diced tomato, optional
sour cream, optional
- Remove the core and leaves from the cauliflower. Cut into florets and pulse in a food processor or use a grater. Set aside.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, add coconut oil and tomato paste. As coconut oil melts, gently mix with tomato paste.
- Add onion and jalapeno to the pan. Cook until the mixture begins to soften, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic to pan and sir for 30 seconds, then pour in chicken broth.
- Add riced cauliflower to pan. Sprinkle salt and chili powder over cauliflower and gently fold into broth until coated and red.
- Continue cooking cauliflower until most moisture in the pan has evaporated and the cauliflower is tender about 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and fold in the cilantro. Serve with diced tomatoes, sour cream, and additional cilantro, if desired.
You can use frozen cauliflower, but you may need to reduce the amount of broth.
Nutrition info does not include optional toppings.
Please note that I am not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information that is discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates based on NET carbs. If nutrition is important to you, I highly encourage you to verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 117 Calories
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 11g Total Carbs, 7g Net Carbs
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g