Keto Crack Toffee Bars
Flaky cracker crust with buttery toffee topped with melted Lily’s chocolate chips, pecans, and sea salt. These Keto Crack Toffee Bars are rich and addictive.
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup Swerve Brown
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp caramel extract optional
- 3/4 cup Lily’s chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp refined coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- salt to sprinkle on top of chocolate
For Cracker Crust
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line a 13″ X 9.5″ (1/4 sheet) rimmed baking pan with foil, turning up the edges to form a tray. Spray foil with non-stick spray.
- Mix the 1 Tbsp of ground flaxseeds with 3 Tbsp of water and allow to sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add the flaxseed mixture and melted butter into the flour mixture. Stir to combine.
- Use hands to mix and form dough into a ball.
- Place dough ball on prepared rimmed baking pan and press dough across bottom of pan as evenly as possible until the bottom is covered. A small rolling pin works great to get it smooth and even.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until crust starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for about 15 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 400F degrees.
- In medium pan, add butter and Swerve. Heat on medium heat until mixture begins to boil. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Carefully add in extracts. Mixture can bubble up and sputter. Stir until combined.
- Pour mixture over the cracker crust and spread it out so crust is completely covered. Bake for 5-10 minutes until bubbly all over.
- While that is baking, melt Lily’s chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave in 30 second increments until melted, stirring in between. Once melted, add in the cinnamon.
- Remove cracker crust from oven. Allow to cool for 30 minutes to form up toffee center.
- Top with the melted chocolate. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate evenly all across the top.
- Sprinkle top with toasted chopped pecans. Gently press pecans into the melted chocolate, so they don’t fall off. Sprinkle top with sea salt.
- Set aside and allow to cool in the pan. Once cooled, transfer to the refrigerator to finish setting. About 45 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into about 30 2″ x 2″ squares.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week. For longer storage, refrigerate or freeze.
*Nutritional label does not include sugar alcohols or net carbs, so I’ve added that below as well as the NET CARBS.
Total Carbs: 8g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Sugar Alcohols (erythritol): 4.7g