Salted Caramel Keto Cereal with Pork Rinds 😱
1 ounce pork rinds
• 1 cup unsweetened vanilla coconutmilk
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
• 1 tablespoon erythritol
• ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Measure out 1 Oz. of pork rinds.
2. Break your pork rinds up into smaller pieces, resembling cereal bits a little bit more.
3. On medium heat, add 2 Tbsp. butter into a pan. In a ramekin, measure out 2 Tbsp. Heavy Cream and 1 Tbsp Erythritol. Keep these on the side.
4. Continue to let the butter cook, it will start bubbling a little bit. You can stir it as you want.
5. You want your butter to cook a little bit and brown. This will not only bring a different flavor profile to the caramel, it will add the color.
6. Once your butter is browned, remove the pan from the heat and add the Heavy Cream and Erythritol. Continuously stir this and return it to the heat.
7. Continue stirring until a caramel has formed, add your cinnamon.
8. Once the caramel has formed and the mixture has cooked down a little bit, add your pork rinds.
9. Coat the pork rinds in the caramel sauce, making sure each pork rinds gets some caramel.
10. Transfer the caramel coated pork rinds onto a plate or foil. You can fold the edges up on the foil to that it creates a bowl.
11. Put the pork rinds in the fridge for 20-40 minutes, so that the caramel can harden.
12. Remove the pork rinds from the fridge once the caramel has hardened.
13. Pour your coconut, almond, or reduced carb milk over the pork rinds and enjoy!
Garnish with a few nuts and cinnamon. Have fun with it! I ate it as is!