LOW CARB / KETO CHILI RECIPE💯😁👍🏼
2 pounds ground beef (I actually used pork sausage)
1 bell pepper, chopped (I used red, yellow and orange mini sweet peppers)
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped (optional)
1 jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
4 cloves minced garlic
6 slices bacon (I used real bacon bits)
14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (I used Rotel)
2 cups sliced mushrooms (optional)
3 ounces tomato paste
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoons paprika (I used smoked paprika)
1 cup bone broth
salt and pepper, to taste
cheddar cheese, for topping
1. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crispy; drain and set aside. Leave a thin layer of bacon grease in the skillet and dispose of the rest.
2. Add the onions, celery, and bell pepper to the skillet and cook until crisp and tender. Mix the ground beef into the vegetables and cook until completely browned; drain.
3. Add the jalapeno and minced garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, and paprika. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
4. Add chopped bacon and toss them to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low and add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, salt, and pepper.
5. Stir in bone broth and then simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Serve topped with shredded cheese.
Served with butternut doodles… delish!! Enjoy!!
I actually made half of the recipe as I was cooking for 2.