Keto whole roasted cauliflower
Sure, a Keto Whole Roasted Cauliflower is a delicious low-carb and healthy way to enjoy this versatile vegetable. It’s a perfect side dish for any meal and is easy to make. The cauliflower is seasoned with herbs and spices, and then roasted to create a crispy outer layer and a tender and juicy interior. It’s a great vegetarian option and can be customized to your liking with different seasonings and toppings. Plus, it’s also keto-friendly and has all the health benefits of cauliflower, including being high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- 1 medium-large head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F/ 200C.
- Prepare the Cauliflower – Use a sharp knife to carefully cut and remove the bottom leaves of the cauliflower. Remove as much of the thick white stalk as possible, as shown in the video below.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, oil, minced garlic, Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Place cauliflower core side down in a dutch oven or on a baking dish. Pour the butter sauce all over the cauliflower using a basting brush.
- Cover cauliflower head with aluminum foil or parchment paper and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 10-20 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons of parmesan.
- Turn the oven to a high broil and roast for 3-5 minutes or until the cauliflower begins to brown.
- Top with more fresh parsley and serve with your favorite protein. Enjoy!
- If you prefer a little spice replace Italian Seasoning with a Taco Seasoning Blend or sprinkle a few red pepper flakes.
- For a vegan whole roasted cauliflower, omit the butter and add olive oil instead. Parmesan can easily be replaced with two tablespoons of nutritional yeast.
NURITIONS Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 125kcal
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Free Keto Meal Plan: KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE