keto mexican casserole ground beef
keto Mexican casserole ground beef
keto Mexican casserole ground beef, This tasty and cheesy ground beef casserole is keto and low-carb. One of my easiest ground beef recipes and ready in just 30 minutes, it’s perfect for a weeknight dinner.
This casserole makes excellent leftovers that taste even better the next day and can be quickly reheated in the microwave.
Ingredient for keto Mexican casserole ground beef
- Avocado oil spray
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 3 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 3 tablespoons diced red pepper
- 3 tablespoons diced yellow onion
- 4-ounce can of diced jalapenos, drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- ¾ cup cottage cheese
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: additional shredded cheese, additional sour cream, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with avocado oil spray. Set aside.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground beef, diced peppers, diced onions, jalapenos, salt, and pepper.
- 4. Cook until ground beef is no longer pink, breaking up into small pieces as it cooks. Drain well.
- 5. While beef is cooking, in a medium mixing bowl, add salsa, cottage cheese, sour cream, chili powder, and cumin. Stir to combine ingredients.
- 6. Add the salsa mixture to the drained ground beef mixture. Stir to combine. Heat over medium-high heat until the mixture is heated through. Add shredded colby jack cheese. Stir and heat until the cheese is melted.
- 7. Add ground beef mixture to the prepared 13×9 inch pan.
- 8. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of casserole.
- 9. Bake for 30 minutes or until casserole is heated through.
- 10. Top with additional shredded cheese, additional sour cream, diced tomatoes, and sliced black olives if desired.