KETO CRISPY BATTER FRIED SHRIMP
yield: 6 servings
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 5 minutes
total time: 20 minutes
- 1 ½ pounds large shrimp tails, peeled and deveined
- cooking oil of choice
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- CLICK PIN TO VISIT SITE FOR FULL RECIPE
- Heat the oil of choice in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Optionally, you can use an air fryer; preheat now if using.
- Clean and wash shrimp, leaving the tails intact.
- In a bowl, mix together the almond flour, egg, almond milk, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Once the oil is hot, hold the shrimp by the tail and dip into the batter and get a thick coating.
- Carefully place the shrimp into the oil, only cooking a few at a time to avoid overcrowding. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until golden brown on the outsides and opaque in the center.
- Repeat dipping and frying for all of the remaining shrimp. Service with your choice of dipping sauce, a fresh salad, or other low carb side. Enjoy!
- Do not use flavored almond milk; be sure it is plan and unsweetened
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350