Keto Chicken Parmesan (Chicken parm)
This recipe for keto chicken parmesan is a low carb twist on the Italian restaurant classic! Crispy chicken breast fillets topped with marinara sauce and plenty of cheese then baked to perfection.
- ▢6 small chicken breasts 1 1/2 pounds
- ▢1/2 teaspoon salt
- ▢2 cups almond flour
- ▢3 large eggs
- ▢1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- ▢1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ▢1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- ▢2 tablespoon oil to fry
FOR THE TOPPINGS
- ▢2 cups keto marinara sauce
- ▢1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese freshly sliced
- ▢1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Pound the chicken breast until ¼ inch in thickness. Sprinkle each breast of chicken with salt and lightly coat both sides of the chicken with the almond flour until covered.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. In a separate bowl, add the parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and the remaining almond flour that was leftover after coating the chicken. Dip the chicken breast pieces in the eggs until coated, letting excess drip off, followed by the parmesan/almond flour mixture. Repeat the process until all the chicken is coated.
- Place oil in a non-stick pan and place over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken and fry for 2-3 minutes until golden on one side. Flip and cook for a further 3 minutes. Transfer the fried chicken breast fillets to a plate covered in some paper towel, to soak up any oil.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the crumbed chicken onto the baking sheet. Top with enough marinara sauce to cover the top, followed by 2-3 slices of mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and slightly golden on top.
- Remove the chicken parmesan from the oven and serve immediately.
To oven bake the chicken– Place the crumbed chicken on a baking tray and bake at 180C/350F for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
To air fry the chicken– Easily air fry the breaded chicken by placing it in the air fryer basket and cooking at 200C/400F for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
TO STORE: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days.
TO FREEZE: Place individual portions of the chicken parmesan in a shallow container and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
TO REHEAT: Either reheat in the oven or the air fryer. You can microwave it, but you risk the chicken coating being slightly soggy.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 349kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 45gFat: 12gSodium: 714mgPotassium: 888mgFiber: 2gVitamin A: 311IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 191mgIron: 1mgNET CARBS: 2g