Keto cannoli recipe
Keto Cannoli, cannoli is an Italian pastry that is traditionally made with a crispy and sweet shell filled with a blend of creamy and sweet ricotta cheese and sometimes chocolate chips, candied fruit, or nuts. For a keto version of cannoli, the shell is typically made with almond flour, egg whites, and coconut oil instead of wheat flour and sugar. The filling can include ricotta cheese, heavy cream, and low-carb sweeteners like erythritol or stevia. The resulting pastry is still crispy and flavorful while being a much lower-carb alternative to the traditional version.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoon BochaSweet Brown
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon butter (cubed & divided)
- 2 large eggs beaten, divided
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Avocado oil spray (to prepare baking sheet)
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup Powdered BochaSweet
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (to taste)
- 1/4 cup BochaSweet chocolate chips
Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate baking bar (melted)
- 3 oz cacao butter
- 1/2 cup Powdered BochaSweet
- 1/8 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare sugar-free chocolate chips ahead of time: Using a double boiler on medium heat, melt unsweetened chocolate baking bar and cacao butter. Once melted, mix in Powdered BochaSweet, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. Transfer to chocolate chip molds. Store in fridge or freezer for 30 minutes or until they harden completely.
- Prepare cannoli shells: Using a sifter add almond flour, BochaSweet Brown, and cocoa. Add in salt to taste, 1 egg beaten, and 1/2 cup marsala wine. Form dough using hands. Using a silicone mat sprinkle extra almond flour and knead the dough for 10-15 minutes. Once the dough is firm, wrap it in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge for an hour. (If you prefer to skip this step, you can purchase cannoli shells.)
- Prepare cannoli filling: Mix in mascarpone, ricotta, Powdered BochaSweet, cinnamon, and vanilla. Using a hand mixer whip filling until a creamy texture, and sprinkle in some sugar-free chocolate chip towards the end.
- Remove cannoli dough from the fridge. Sprinkle extra almond flour on a silicone mat if needed. Roll out dough until 1/2″ thick. Using a 1 1/2″ round cutter, cut out as many rounds as possible. Transfer rounds to a baking sheet.
- Flatten each round until about 4-5″ in diameter. Roll dough around a cannoli mold. Prepare whisked egg and dip fingers in egg to secure the edges of the dough together. Repeat for the rest of the rounds.
- Prepare the air fryer baking sheet by spraying with avocado oil. Spray the outsides of the dough as well. Place in the air fryer at 400F for 6-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool completely before removing cannolis from the baking sheet. Once cooled, carefully remove the cannoli molds from the shells.
- Prepare a piping bag for the filling. Fill each side of the cannoli with the cream. Sprinkle some Powdered BochaSweet and sugar-free chocolate chips!
- Calories: 220kcal
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Protein: 4g