Keto Cabbage Soup Recipe.
Keto Cabbage Soup Recipe – very quick and easy to make, nutritious and delicious soup made with cabbage, ground beef and tomatoes. Hearty, one pot, a family favorite, perfect for the cold weather.
prep time: 5 MINS
cook time: 30 MINS
total time: 35 MINS
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 15 oz canned tomatoes — diced
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tspblack pepper
- 5 cups bone broth — preferably beef
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf — optional
- Heat olive iil in a large pot. Add chopped onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic, ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook on medium-high, breaking the meat apart with a wooden spatula, until crumbled for 7-8 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes, cabbage, Bay leaf, thyme, oregano, paprika and broth.
- Simmer for 25 minutes, until the cabbage is cooked and tender.
- Season with more salt and black pepper.
The ingredients are the same.
- Set the Instant Pot to “sautee” (15 minutes), wait until it is hot.
- Add the oil (optional) and the ground beef. Cook the beef until no longer pink (5 minutes).
- Add the onion and garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
- Next add the tomatoes, stock (or bone broth), seasoning, salt, pepper and bay leaf.
- Add cabbage on top.
- Close, set the valve to sealing and set to 20 minutes on high pressure.
- You don’t need to do any natural release of the air, just set the valve to venting, then open the lid. Remove the bay leaf, add more salt if needed.
- Serve hot.
Keyword: Cabbage Soup Recipe
Calories: 145, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 26mg, Sodium: 309mg, Potassium: 278mg, Carbohydrates: 5g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 11g, Vitamin A: 160%, Vitamin C: 16.9%, Calcium: 36%, Iron: 1.4%