Keto Broccoli Cheddar Bites
Broccoli Cheese Balls
- 1 ½ cups frozen broccoli thawed and drained (about 6 ounces)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese softened
- 6 ounces cheddar grated
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 ½ cups pork rind crumbs
- 3 to 4 cups oil for frying
- Chop the broccoli finely and place in a large bowl. Add the cream cheese, cheddar, garlic, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Mash with a fork until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into balls no bigger than 1 inch, and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet or tray. You should get about 30 balls. Freeze for 3 to 4 hours.
- Spread the coconut flour in a shallow dish. Whisk the eggs and cream together in a medium bowl. Spread the pork rinds in another medium bowl.
- Once frozen, add the oil to a deep heavy-duty 4-quart saucepan and bring up to 350F. Do your best to keep the temperature between 330F and 350F. (Any hotter means that the outside of the bites cooks too quickly while the filling doesn’t thaw).
- Roll each ball in the coconut flour for a light coating, then dip in the egg and dredge in the pork rind crumbs.
- Add 4 to 6 balls to the hot oil and cook for about 3 minutes, until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with the remaining balls.
- Serve at room temperature (don’t serve hot of they will burn your mouth with melty cheese!).
Nutrition Facts Keto Broccoli Cheddar BitesAmount Per Serving (2 balls)Calories 167Calories from Fat 129% Daily Value*Fat 14.3g22%Carbohydrates 2.4g1%Fiber 0.7g3%Protein 8.5g17%