keto and low carb chicken salad chaffle sandwich
For the chicken salad:
- 3 cups shredded chicken (you can use rotisserie chicken or canned chicken)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the chaffless:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 heaping tablespoon of almond flour
- Cracked black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Everything but the bagel seasoning
- 2 heaping tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, sour cream, mayo, chives, celery, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg with a fork. Add the mozzarella cheese and almond flour and mix well.
- Preheat a mini waffle maker and spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle some cheddar cheese on the waffle maker and pour half of the batter over it. Sprinkle some more cheddar cheese on top and close the lid. Cook for about 4 minutes or until golden and crispy. Repeat with the remaining batter to make another chaffle.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread some chicken salad on one chaffle, add some lettuce or other greens if desired, and top with another chaffle. Cut in half and enjoy!
This recipe makes 2 servings (one sandwich each). Each serving has:
- Calories: 664 kcal
- Fat: 51 g
- Protein: 40 g
- Carbs: 7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Net carbs: 5 g