Instant Pot Creamy Beef Taco Soup
Creamy Beef Taco Soup (Instant Pot Soup Recipe) is sure to be a hit in your house. The perfect easy weeknight recipe. With ground beef, onions, peppers, taco seasonings, cream, and cheeses your whole family will LOVE this healthy taco soup recipe. This soup recipe is low-carb, keto, and gluten-free.
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 oz beef broth
- 28 oz diced tomatoes (crushed tomatoes are fine too)
- Double recipe of Seeking Good Eats Copycat Taco Seasoning or 2 store-bought taco seasoning packets
- 4 oz salsa
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Saute ground beef, onion, and bell pepper over medium heat until the meat is done.
- Add garlic cloves, beef broth, tomatoes, salsa, and taco seasoning. Set pot to High pressure, for 2 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is complete, allow pressure to release naturally.
- Slowly add softened cream cheese, heavy cream, and cheddar cheese to the pot. Stir until the cheeses are melted and the soup is blended.
- Serve and garnish with your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy!
- Use our Copycat Taco Seasoning Mix recipe for better taste and it’s a lot healthier than store-bought packets.
- Always use freshly grated cheese! Pre-grated cheese in packages is coated with cellulose (a wood pulp) that absorbs moisture and prevents the sticking of the cheese. Unfortunately, this also keeps the cheese from melting properly.
- Feel free to make some substitutions. Keep the onions for flavor, but feel free to add more veggies. Squash, zucchini, or even riced cauliflower taste great. Beans and corn are good too (if you’re not following a keto diet). Use ground chicken or ground turkey as a substitute for the beef too!
1/10 of the recipe (approx. 1 1/2 cups)
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 442TOTAL FAT: 35.3gCHOLESTEROL: 115.3mgSODIUM: 912mgCARBOHYDRATES: 7.1gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 5.5gFIBER: 1.6gSUGAR: 2.1gPROTEIN: 23.7g