EASY KETO CHEESY GARLIC BREAD
yield: 12 PIECES / 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 12 MINUTES
total time: 17 MINUTES
This amazingly east keto cheesy garlic bread will satisfy your cravings for Italian-style breadsticks. You’ll love this buttery keto garlic bread made with low-carb mozzarella dough. It’s so delicious, it’s hard to believe that is gluten-free and keto-friendly!
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (see notes)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped basil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, add 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella and cream cheese. Melt in the microwave in a series of short, 30-second intervals. After each interval, stir the cheeses until they are completely melted and uniform. This should take around 1-2 minutes total, depending on your microwave. Do not overcook.
- To the melted cheese, add the egg, almond flour, coconut flour, herbs, salt, and pepper. Stir with a spatula until well combined. The dough will be sticky. (You can also mix the dough in a food processor fitted with the dough blade attachment.)
- Allow the dough to cool slightly in order to make it easier to work with. Place the dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Either use wet fingertips to pat the dough out — or cover it with plastic wrap and roll the dough out to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, pop any large air bubbles if necessary, and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes until the edges of the dough are golden brown.
- Garnish with basil, and serve with tomato sauce for dipping.
I like to use 2 tablespoons of coconut flour in this recipe for the best texture. However, if you don’t have — or don’t like — coconut flour, you can substitute it with 2 tablespoons more almond flour.