5 Minute Low-Carb Candied Nuts (Sugar-Free, Keto)
5 minute low-carb candied nuts made with whatever type of nuts you prefer. Made with a sugar-free sweetener, these candied nuts are totally ketogenic and low-carb. Guilt-free and delicious, they are the perfect snack or dessert for when your sweet tooth strikes.
Prep Time1 min
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time6 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tablespoon butter salted or unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol or stevia blend I used the Pyure brand (32 g). I do not recommend a brown sugar blend, as others have had issues with it not melting. A granulated white sweetener blend works best.
- 1 cup raw nut of your choice I used almonds (128 g)
- To a nonstick pan over medium heat, add butter until melted. Add in vanilla extract and sweetener and stir to combine. The mixture may become clumpy, that is totally fine.
- Add in raw nuts and stir until well-coated.
- After a few minutes of stirring, the sweetener should become liquid. Continue stirring for a few minutes, until the liquid begins to caramelize.
- Pour mixture onto parchment paper and allow it to cool for several minutes before consuming. Break apart, and enjoy!
These nuts should store for roughly one week in an air-tight container at room temperature. However, I recommend consuming them within a few days, as that is when they are the freshest.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 234 calories, 21 g total fat, 20 g total carbs, 12 g sugar alcohols, 4 g fiber (4 g net carbs), 8 g protein