Supreme Pizza Puffs (keto + low carb)
- 1 pound Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon black olives, chopped (patted dry)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cooked sausage and cream cheese until completely combined.
- Add in remaining ingredients until well combined and chill 10 minutes to allow the flour time to absorb the moisture Drop onto a greased baking sheet (I like to use the silicone baking mats) using a small cookie scoop.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Optional last step: brush the tops of the pizza puffs with the melted butter Italian seasoning mixture.
- Serve with warm low carb marinara.
Coconut flour: Almond flour can be used in place of coconut flour, but the bites wil not be as light and fluffy.
Marinara sauce: I dunk these keto-friendly pizza bites into Rao’s Low-Carb Marinara (not sponsored, just love it!).
YIELD: 36 SERVING SIZE: Nutrition calculated per puff
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 91TOTAL FAT: 7.1gTRANS FAT: 0gCHOLESTEROL: 33mgSODIUM: 182mgCARBOHYDRATES: 1.5gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 1.1gFIBER: 0.4gSUGAR: 0.5gPROTEIN: 4.1g