Keto Japanese Cotton Cheesecake Recipe
The absolute most delicious keto Japanese cotton cheesecake ever! The second picture is when I sprinkled some unsweetened coconut flakes on it before baking.
- Cream cheese 225 g (8oz/1 package, US)
- 1 cup Butter (28 g)
- 2 tbsp Whipping cream (60 g)
- 1/4 cup Shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese (59 g)
- 1/4 cup Eggs 4 large (separate the yolks and whites)
- 100 g Erythritol (2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup (or any keto sweetener to taste) (75 g)
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp (Optional)
- Lemon zest 1 tsp (Optional)
- Use the double boiler method to throughly combine the cream cheese, butter, whipping cream, and cheese. Remove from heat and add the lemon, zest (if using), and egg yolks.
- Beat the separated egg whites till stiff peaks and gradually add the erythritol, adjust to taste.
- Fold in 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture, then pour the egg yolk mix into egg whites, blending with a spatula ONLY. The result shouldn’t have lumps at all.
- Pour into an 8” cake pan or an 8″x8” square pan and bake in a boiling water bath for 200 F the first 30 minutes, 250 F the second 30 minutes, and 300 F the third and last 30 minutes. Total should be 90 minutes. No need to leave in the oven after.
- Feel free to enjoy as warm scuffle or refrigerate the cake for better taste!