Carnivore Chicken Crust Pizza
This ultra low carb pizza recipe is fully carnivore and absolutely delicious. A homemade shredded chicken crust, cream cheese sauce, and your favourite meaty cheesy toppings. This carnivore pizza is the lowest carb pizza you’ll ever make. Just 3 ingredients in this high protein pizza crust and no flour of any kind. The best part, it’s easy to make!
Nutrition (Per 2 slices):
Calories: 300kcal | Fat: 22g |Carbohydrates: 1.8g |Protein: 23.3g
3 Ingredient Chicken Pizza Crust
- 5.5 oz canned shredded chicken
- 1 large egg beaten
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
Sauce and Toppings
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese softened
- 2 oz Pepperoni
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Heat oven to 450°F [230°C].
- Combine ingredients. In a medium bowl, combine the can of shredded chicken, beaten egg, and, grated mozzarella cheese. Check the consistency of the dough by squeezing a handful in your palm lightly, it should not feel dry and crumbly and should mostly hold together. See notes if using fresh chicken.
- Form the crust. Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a non stick oven safe pan or cast iron skillet. Cover the bottom in an even layer. It should be at least ¼ inch [6.5mm] thick. See notes for pan size.Pre-bake the chicken crust. Bake in a 450° [230°C] for 10-12 minutes until the crust is firm and beginning to brown. If the crust feels too soft continue to bake.
- Sauce and add toppings. Remove the crust from the oven and spread a thin layer of softened cream cheese or your favourite low carb pizza sauce over the crust leaving a gap around the edge. Add grated mozzarella cheese and pepperoni or your preferred pizza toppings.
- Bake until cheese bubbles. Bake the pizza at 450°F [230°C] until the cheese melts, bubbles, and is just starting to brown. Remove and allow the pizza to cool slightly before slicing.
Nutritional information is for 2 slices of pepperoni pizza. The nutritional information for your pizza will depend on the sauce and toppings you use. Always use a verified nutrient database and recipe calculator like the free one at Cronometer for accurate nutritional information.
Crust only Nutritional Information (entire crust): 526 cals | 26.3g Fat | 2g Total Carbs | 66.7g Protein
Using fresh chicken:
Instead of canned chicken you can use fresh chicken. Pre-cook your chicken in the oven, microwave, or stove top before shredding either by hand or with a food processor. See the full post for details on pre-cooking chicken for chicken crust pizza.
Cans of chicken come in various sizes, then 5.5 oz [156g] can used for this recipe makes an 8″-9″ [20-23cm] pizza which is perfect for 2 people. This recipe is easy to double and scale using the scale options next to the list of ingredients.
Carnivore Pizza Sauce:
Softened cream cheese, carnivore alfredo, or softened ricotta all make excellent carnivore friendly pizza sauces. Soften the cream cheese in the microwave for 25 seconds to make it more spreadable.
Keto Pizza Sauce:
For a keto friendly sauce use some tomato paste, or my 20 minute keto marinara.
For this recipe I used an 8 in [20cm] non-stick oven safe pan. Any oven safe pan, cast iron skillet, or pie tin will work.
If the crust mixture is too dry you may need to add some additional beaten egg. If its too wet add more chicken or grated cheese.
Store leftovers sealed in the fridge for use within a week.
Reheat in a hot oven at 350°F [175°C] until the cheese softens and melts or stovetop in a hot pan until warmed through.