Keto cloud bread
Keto cloud bread is a delicious, low-carb alternative to traditional bread. It is made with just a few simple ingredients, including cream cheese, eggs, and garlic powder. The bread is light and fluffy, with a slightly tangy and buttery flavor. Suitable for those following a keto or gluten-free diet, keto cloud bread can be used as a sandwich bread, served as a side dish, or even used to make a breakfast sandwich. Because it contains no grains, it is also lower in calories and carbs than traditional bread, making it a popular choice among health-conscious eaters.
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. If you have a convection oven, set on convect. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks. Place the whites in a stand mixer with a whip attachment. Add the cream of tartar and beat on high until the froth turns into firm meringue peaks. Move to a separate bowl.
- Place the cream cheese in the empty stand mixing bowl. Beat on high to soften. Then add the egg yolks one at a time to incorporate. Scrape the bowl and beat until the mixture is completely smooth. Then beat in the Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic powder.
- Gently fold the firm meringue into the yolk mixture. Try to deflate the meringue as little as possible, so the mixture is still firm and foamy. Spoon 1/4 cup portions of the foam onto the baking sheets and spread into even 4-inch circles, 3/4 inch high. Make sure to leave space around each circle.
- Bake on convect for 15-18 minutes, or in a conventional oven for up to 30 minutes. The bread should be golden on the outside and firm. The center should not jiggle when shaken. Cool for several minutes on the baking sheets, then move and serve!
- The Best Cloud Bread Recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days. However the texture is best if eaten within 12 hours of baking.
- Go easy on the garlic powder the first time you make it. I like adding 1/2 teaspoon, but that might be a little much for some palates.
NURITIONS Amount Per Serving 1slice
- Calories: 40kcal
- Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Protein: 2g