Keto Butter Cookies!
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 9 MINUTES
additional time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 44 MINUTES
Beautifully light and crisp butter cookies made from almond flour! And shaped like roses!
- Disposable Pastry Bag
- Wilton 1M Tip
- Silicone Baking Mat (2)
FOR THE COOKIES
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 6 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Powdered Swerve
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Clear Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- Line two large baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment and prep your piping bag with a Wilton 1M tip.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter, powdered swerve, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, and salt until well combined. Make sure to get out ALL of the lumps!
- Add the beaten egg and the flour mixture to the butter mixture and fold until a wet sticky dough forms. You want this dough to be nice and warm so it pipes easily!
- Use the spatula to press the dough into the edges of the bowl using smooth strokes to help remove any air pockets. You want as few air bubbles as possibly the dough pipes smoothly! Next, gently form into a mound and scoop the dough into the prepared pastry bag.
- Keeping the piping bag vertical, gently pipe the dough into rounds using two hands and firm pressure. You want to press hard enough that the ridges stay intact! Refrigerate the dough for AT LEAST 30 minutes before baking.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake each tray for 9-12 minutes, watching for the ridges to brown slightly. Let cool completely before moving (they are delicate when warm) or dust immediately with powdered sweetener. Dip in chocolate of your choice!
Yield13Serving Size2 cookies Amount Per ServingCalories106Total Fat10gCarbohydrates2gNet Carbohydrates1gFiber1gProtein2g