Garlic Chicken Bake with Roasted Green Pepper
/4 cup Green Bell Pepper
4 Cloves freesh Garlic
1 Stick butter
2 1/2 boneless Chicken Breast
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp ground Spices Oregano Dried
Salt and pepper to taste
a handful of Basil Fresh
1 cup Mozarella cheese
Fresh rosemary (optional)
1. Cut bell peppers into large slices.
2. Peel and crush 4 cloves of garlic.
3. Melt 1/2 stick of butter in a large iron skillet over low heat.
4. When the skillet is ready, toss in the peppers and garlic. Let them roast in the pan until all sides are golden brown.
5.Transfer the peppers and garlic to a bowl for later use and turn the heat off the skillet.
6. Butterfly 2 1/2 chicken breasts. Pound the chicken flat to a ¼ inch thickness and slice the breasts into four equal pieces. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, and oregano over across them.
7. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. On the stove, heat the skillet back to medium heat, and place in the chicken breasts. Cook the chicken about 4 minutes per side, or until the breast are golden brown
8. Once the chicken is done, turn off the stove. Place the cooked peppers and garlic on top of the chicken.
9. Chop the basil and sprinkle this over the skillet.
10. Top it with mozzarella cheese over the skillet as well.
11. Bake the skillet in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the asiago cheese is completely melty and gooey.
Add in fresh rosemaryon top for extra aroma and flavor