These One Point Blueberry Muffins are packed with protein and loaded with fresh juicy blueberries-they are sure to be a family favorite!
PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME16 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME4 minutes
TOTAL TIME24 minutes
1 and 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes Protein Pancake Power Cakes, Flapjack and Waffle Baking Mix
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup water (give or take depending on the batter consistency)
1/4 cup zero point granulated white sugar substitute ( I use Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener)
1 large egg or 2 large egg whites, at room temperature.
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries *see note section
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, water, applesauce & sugar substitute.
Blend together. Add kodiak pancake mix and baking powder. Stir until well combined.
Fold in fresh or frozen blueberries. ( I usually add more on top of batter and cover them a bit with the batter.)
Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray or use muffin foil- liners.
Pour batter into 12 muffin cups. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted comes out clean.
Remove from oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Store the leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for a day, in the refrigerator for up to five days, or in the freezer for up to two months.
f using frozen blueberries- I recommend thawing them out completely and dusting them with a little flour. The flour will make them rise to the top instead of the bottom of the batter and will ensure the batter doesn’t turn purple.
I recommend using either foil muffin liners or spraying the muffin tin with non stick cooking spray. The paper muffin liners tend to stick to the batter
The Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (sugar substitute) that is used in this recipe is zero points. Please keep in mind-the point value can vary depending on the brand of sugar substitute you choose to use. Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener also has a 1:1 ratio to real sugar. If you use a different sugar substitute you will want to use the equivalent to real sugar that is recommended on back of the sugar substitute package.
For extra protein: you may substitute a 1/2 cup Kodiak Pancake mix for 1/2 cup (100-110 calorie) flavor protein powder (or about 2 scoops of Devotion Angel Food Cake protein powder)
Introduction: Embark on a delightful journey with our Weight W One-Point Blueberry Muffins, a guilt-free indulgence that perfectly balances your desire for a sweet treat with mindful nutrition. Crafted with precision and culinary finesse, these muffins offer a tantalizing burst of blueberry goodness while aligning seamlessly with your wellness goals. Join us as we delve into the art of creating these low-point wonders, ensuring a delectable experience that leaves your taste buds satisfied and your smart points intact.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar substitute (e.g., Stevia or erythritol)
- 1/3 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray (for muffin tin)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and coat a standard 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray, ensuring easy release of the muffins after baking.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk the dry ingredients together to create an even mixture that will form the foundation of your muffins.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and then add the unsweetened applesauce, non-fat Greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined, creating a moist and flavorful base for your muffins.
- Gradually incorporate the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, stirring gently until just combined. Be cautious not to overmix, as this can affect the texture of your muffins.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries, ensuring an even distribution throughout the batter. The burst of sweetness from the blueberries will elevate the overall taste of your muffins.
- Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop, evenly distribute the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup to about 2/3 full.
- Place the muffin tin in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Once baked to perfection, allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 Blueberry Muffin
- Calories: 70
- Total Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 110mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 15g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Weight W (WW) Smart Points: 1 per muffin
Conclusion: Our One-Point Blueberry Muffins are a testament to the art of creating delicious treats without compromising on your wellness journey. With a perfect balance of sweetness and moistness, these muffins offer a delightful experience for those craving a low-point indulgence. Each bite is a symphony of flavors, courtesy of fresh blueberries and carefully selected ingredients. At just 1 Smart Point per muffin, savor the joy of guilt-free baking and relish in the knowledge that your taste buds and your wellness goals can coexist harmoniously. Embrace the pleasure of a sweet treat that fits seamlessly into your Weight W plan and adds a touch of indulgence to your balanced lifestyle.