Low-Carb Candied Nuts
Prep Time1 min
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time6 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tablespoon butter salted or unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol or stevia blend I used the Pyure brand (32 g). I do not recommend a brown sugar blend, as others have had issues with it not melting. A granulated white sweetener blend works best.
- 1 cup raw nut of your choice I used almonds (128 g)
- To a nonstick pan over medium heat, add butter until melted. Add in vanilla extract and sweetener and stir to combine. The mixture may become clumpy, that is totally fine.
- Add in raw nuts and stir until well-coated.
- After a few minutes of stirring, the sweetener should become liquid. Continue stirring for a few minutes, until the liquid begins to caramelize.
- Pour mixture onto parchment paper and allow it to cool for several minutes before consuming. Break apart, and enjoy!