This delicious keto bread can be served as an appetizer, a snack or as a side dish. It’s crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and has a lovely flavor thanks to the garlic butter. Only 1 gram of carbs per piece.
Think about your favorite garlic bread. Now think about your favorite cheese bread. Now imagine that the two had a delicious garlic-y and cheesy baby. Yup, that’s pretty much the situation we’re dealing with here.
1 c. shredded mozzarella
1/2 c. finely ground almond flour
2 tbsp. cream cheese
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1 large egg
1 tbsp. butter, melted
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
1 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan
Marinara, warmed, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and add this, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while whisking with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t overmix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
- Form with moist hands into 10 pieces and roll into hot dog buns. Make sure to leave enough space between them on the baking sheet to double in size.
- Bake on lower rack in oven for 40-50 minutes, they’re done when you can hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
- Make the garlic butter while the bread is baking. Mix all the ingredients together and put in the fridge.
- Take the buns out of the oven when they’re done and leave to let cool. Take the garlic butter out of the fridge. When the buns are cooled, cut them in halves, using a serrated knife, and spread garlic butter on each half.
- Turn your oven up to 425°F (225°C) and bake the garlic bread for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.