Keto Bruschetta Stuffed Avocado
- 2 large ripe Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 ripe avocados peeled, seeded and halved
- Fresh basil leaves to serve (optional)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze (reduction) to drizzle — store bought or see recipe below
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
Arrange prepared avocado halves onto a plate with fresh basil leaves.
Spoon the Bruschetta filling into each avocado halve and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Top with chopped fresh basil and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
How To Make Balsamic Reduction: Combine 2 teaspoons light brown sugar sugar (sugar is option) with 1/2 cup vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; allow to simmer for about 5-8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced to a glaze. (If not using sugar, allow plain balsamic vinegar to reduce for 12-15 minutes on low heat.)