Keto Bruschetta Stuffed Avocado
Juicy ripe tomatoes with basil and onion are tossed in olive oil and a touch of garlic, then stuffed into Avocados for an incredible light lunch, dinner or snack! Topped with shaved parmesan and drizzled with a balsamic glaze for an incredible flavour combination!
Course: Appetizer, Lunch, Snack
Servings: 4 halves
Calories: 294 kcal
- 2 large ripe Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 ripe avocados peeled, seeded and halved
- Fresh basil leaves to serve (optional)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze (reduction) to drizzle — store bought or see recipe below
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss well to evenly combine all of the flavours.
Arrange prepared avocado halves onto a plate with fresh basil leaves.
Spoon the Bruschetta filling into each avocado halve and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Top with chopped fresh basil and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
How To Make Balsamic Reduction: Combine 2 teaspoons light brown sugar sugar (sugar is option) with 1/2 cup vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; allow to simmer for about 5-8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced to a glaze. (If not using sugar, allow plain balsamic vinegar to reduce for 12-15 minutes on low heat.)
Bruschetta Stuffed Avocado
Amount Per Serving
Calories 294Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22g34%
Saturated Fat 3g15%
Total Carbohydrates 15g5%
Dietary Fiber 6g24%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.