Homemade Cheeseburger Egg Rolls with a Weight W twist are a delightful fusion of classic cheeseburgers and the convenience of egg rolls. This creative recipe not only satisfies your burger cravings but does so in a way that’s mindful of your dietary goals. By incorporating smart ingredient choices and focusing on portion control, these egg rolls provide a tasty and satisfying option for those on a Weight W journey.
To create these flavorful egg rolls, begin with lean ground beef or a lean protein alternative like ground turkey. Choose whole-grain egg roll wrappers for added fiber and nutrients. Load them up with classic cheeseburger ingredients such as finely diced onions, pickles, and a sprinkle of reduced-fat cheese. The result is a harmonious blend of familiar burger flavors wrapped in a convenient and crispy egg roll shell.
The preparation of Homemade Cheeseburger Egg Rolls is straightforward and enjoyable. Brown the lean ground beef or turkey in a skillet, incorporating the diced onions and pickles for that classic cheeseburger taste. Assemble the egg rolls by spooning the burger mixture onto each egg roll wrapper and folding them into neat rolls. Bake or air-fry until golden brown and crispy, avoiding excess oil for a healthier twist on the traditional deep-fried version.
Weight W Smart Points Consideration:
For those mindful of their Weight Wa Smart Points, this recipe is crafted with point-friendly choices. Using lean protein and whole-grain wrappers keeps the overall point count in check, allowing you to enjoy the delicious flavors of a cheeseburger without compromising your daily point allowance. Portion control and smart ingredient choices are key factors in making these egg rolls a guilt-free delight for Weight W enthusiasts.
Serve these Homemade Cheeseburger Egg Rolls with a side of fresh vegetables or a crisp salad to enhance the nutritional profile of your meal. Consider pairing them with a light dipping sauce like a yogurt-based ranch or a tangy ketchup alternative for added flavor without the extra points. This thoughtful combination ensures a well-rounded and satisfying dining experience.
In conclusion, Homemade Cheeseburger Egg Rolls with a Weight Watchers focus offer a delightful and satisfying twist on a classic comfort food. By making mindful ingredient choices and paying attention to portion control, this recipe provides a flavorful option for those on a Weight W journey. Enjoy the taste of a cheeseburger in a convenient egg roll format without compromising your commitment to a balanced and healthy eating plan. Add this creative recipe to your repertoire for a tasty and point-friendly meal that the whole family can savor.
prep time: 30 MINS
cook time: 15 MINS
total time: 45 MINS
These Cheeseburger Egg Rolls are everything you’d want in a burger, all rolled up!
yield: 16 EGG ROLLS
¼ cup diced onions
1 lb 95% lean ground beef
1 tablespoon hamburger seasoning, I use McCormick Grill Mates Hamburger seasoning
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
4 wedges The Laughing Cow Queso Fresco & Chipotle cheese, chopped (you can definitely substitute other flavors)
1 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I use Cabot)
¼ cup diced dill pickles, I love Claussen
8 grape tomatoes, chopped
16 egg roll wrappers
- Lightly mist a large skillet with cooking spray and bring over medium heat. Add the diced onions and cook for a couple minutes until the onions start to turn translucent. Add the ground beef and hamburger seasoning and cook, breaking up with a spoon or spatula, until the meat is brown and cooked through. Drain any liquid from the pan and discard.
- Transfer the meat to a microwavable mixing bowl and add the ketchup, mustard and chopped Laughing Cow cheese wedges. Stir together and then heat in the microwave on high for 1 minute to soften the cheese. Stir again, mashing the cheese wedges, until the mixture is well combined and the meat is coated. Add the shredded cheddar, pickles and tomatoes and stir until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly mist the foil with cooking spray.
- Pour water into a small dish and set aside. On a clean, flat surface, place an egg roll wrapper, corner facing toward you (like a diamond) and place a scant ¼ cup of the meat mixture on the center of the wrapper. Spread the mixture in a horizontal line from the left corner to the right corner of the wonton wrapper, leaving ½ inch or so of space on each side. Fold the bottom corner closest to you up over the ingredients and give it a 90 degree roll. Fold the side corners in and tuck them as you give the filled section another 90 degree roll. Dip your finger in the dish or reserved water and lightly wet the edges of the remaining top corner of the wrapper. Finish rolling the filled egg roll over the wet corner so that it adheres. Use your finger to wet and seal the seam on the outside. Place wrapped egg roll onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- When all of the egg rolls are wrapped and on the baking sheets, lightly mist the tops with cooking spray. Bake for 14-16 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until the wrappers are golden brown.
Nutrition Information per egg roll:
112 calories, 13 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 2 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 10 g protein, 0 g fiber
My W-W Smart Points per (1 egg roll) serving:
Green: 2 Smart/Points/ Blue: 2 Smart/Points/ Purple: 2 Smart/Points
W-W Points Plus:
3 per egg roll