EASY KETO CHOCOLATE CAKE
Everyone needs a healthy chocolate cake recipe which is easy, quick and needs minimal ingredients. As someone who enjoys eating cake a little too often for my own good, I know that using healthy, filling ingredients will make me feel a little less guilty, and part of my everyday diet!
This comes with two options- A flourless chocolate cake without eggs (the vegan and gluten-free one!) and a keto chocolate cake, made with coconut flour.
The eggless, vegan and gluten-free version is based around rolled oats (flourless!) and sweet potato, giving it the perfect texture. It is also lower in fat and high in fiber.
The keto and low carb version is made using coconut flour and is 100% sugar-free, but you’d never tell. It is slightly more dense than the flourless version, but nothing some smooth, creamy frosting can’t help!
Free Keto Meal Plan : KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
FOR THE FLOURLESS VERSION (VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE, SUGAR-FREE)
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato can sub for pumpkin or banana
- 1 flax egg can sub for whole eggs if NOT vegan
- 1 cup milk of choice * see notes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
FOR THE KETO, PALEO, LOW CARB OPTION
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener of choice I used a monk fruit sweetener
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
FOR THE CHOCOLATE FROSTING (OPTIONAL)
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips of choice
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/180 degrees Celcius. Line and grease an 8 x 8-inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine all your ingredients and blend until a thick batter remains. Ensure you regularly scrape down the sides to ensure all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
Pour the batter in the lined pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out the center. Allow cooling in the pan for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Once cool, make your frosting and refrigerate to firm up slightly. Once smooth and spreadable, pour over your cake and refrigerate. Cut into slices.
* If the batter is too thick, add an extra tablespoon or two of milk of choice. Unsweetened almond or coconut milk works best.
Flourless Paleo Vegan Chocolate Cake (Keto, Low Carb) can be kept refrigerated for up to 1 week, or freezer friendly for up to 2 months.